Tuesday 6 April 2010

Before you, my life was acapella.



Kelis, I sure remember back in the days when she came along with her big fat hair and screamed "I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW! AAAAAAH!"

The song was called "Caught Out There" and it was on her first album, Kaleidoscope, which came out in 1999. Yes, I was a boy of ten years, but I guess that just means it made all much more impressive.

Now she's out with a new song, and like most contemporary artists she definitively found the drum machine and incorporated a whole bunch of electronic sounds. Yes, we've heard it before. Even Christina Aguilera is releasing a whole new image along the same lines.

Electronic beats are in fashion, and they sure help enhance some of the poor voices that they accompany. In fact, having a great voice doesn't seem to be da shit anymore.

Well, I think that's wrong... only because after hearing this song the breakbeats weren't what stuck in my brain. No, it was the unchanged voice of the never-aging diva that keep going on repeat, and they have for at least half an hour now.

And now that spring is here I hope someone can come and change my life that is oh so acapella...

No comments: